Bitte helfen - Sterben Kupplung oder Getriebe?

Diskutiere Bitte helfen - Sterben Kupplung oder Getriebe? im R 1200 GS LC und R 1200 GS Adventure LC Forum im Bereich Motorrad Modelle; Hallo, Ich spreche kein Deutsch, damit ich diese übersetzen mit Google Translate :) Als ich in der 1. Gang setzen das Fahrrad macht ein paar...
R

Riga

Themenstarter
Hallo,
Ich spreche kein Deutsch, damit ich diese übersetzen mit Google Translate :)

Als ich in der 1. Gang setzen das Fahrrad macht ein paar "aftershocks" (3 oder 4) nur nach dem ersten Schock des 1. Gang.

Bitte, könnten Sie einen Blick auf ein YouTube-Video zu nehmen, erklärt alles.

Ich hatte gehofft, jemand hat dies auf anderen Bikes gesehen und kennt die genaue Problem! Danke sehr!

When I put in the 1st gear the bike makes a few "aftershocks" just after the initial shock of 1st gear.
Please, could you take a look on a Youtube video, it explains all.
I was hoping someone has seen this on other bikes and knows the exact problem! Thank you very much!

oerst

oerst

Modell
R1200GSA TB
Hi Riga,

This is Standard behaviour of the current BMW R1200 clutch.

Nothing spectacular.

Take care of Your oil Level (especially Not too much oil, better is to have as less as possible)

Rgds
Oerst

R

Riga

Themenstarter
[QUOTE = Oerst; 1599092] Hi Riga, This is standard behavior of the current BMW R1200 Clutch. Nothing spectacular. Take care of Your oil level (especially Not too much oil, better is to have as less as possible) Rgds Oerst [/ QUOTE]

My local BMW dealer says that these "aftershocks" are not normal and they have not seen them. Because their garage is fully booked until July, I am afraid something bad could happen with the gearbox or the engine if I keep on riding now!

Capricorn

Capricorn

Modell
R 1200 GS K 50, WR 450 F, Bonneville Newchurch, Brammo Empulse R
Doesn't matter if you call it aftershock or Schaltschlag, it's normal. Neither your gear will break, nor your clutch.

F

FP91

Modell
1100GS, 94; R100GS, 91
The clutch didn't open completely. Normal for clutches in oil - should be better if the oil is warm.

Most motorbike clutches got that problem, but your bike a little bit more than others i've seen before. You should check the clutch operators (lever, clutch cable etc.). I'm not s.... if you can change the clutchsetting at the 1200 LC.

R

Riga

Themenstarter
[QUOTE = FP91; 1599118] The clutch did not open completely. Normal for clutches in oil - Should be better if the oil is warm. Most motorbike Clutches got that problem, but your bike a little bit more than others I've seen before. You Should Check the clutch operator (lever, clutch cable, etc.). I'm not s .... if you can change the clutchsetting at the 1200 LC. [/ QUOTE]

It's probably not so easy to see, but it has Schaltschlag and then a series of a few more! It goes like "KLANG - klang klang klang".
Should it not be only one "KLANG"?! :)

danke!

oerst

oerst

Modell
R1200GSA TB
Well, probably it's better to trust in your dealer instaed of asking in a forum and to deny any other opinion than the one of Your Dealer

F

FP91

Modell
1100GS, 94; R100GS, 91
Ok, now i understand.

Tap down on the gear changer -> one klang, the gear is in and the bike hops / problem: clutch
Tap down secondtime -> nothing happens / "problem": nothing under 1st gear
Take up for 2nd gear -> same as first gear

The *klang klang klang* are the noise of a not exactly snapped in gear.

*edit*

but i see a BIG different problem. You should NOT leaf your feet in the down position. Only TAP in the first gear. you will kill the gearbox.

T

Typ

Modell
R 1250 GS Bj.2019
Well, probably it's better to trust in your dealer instaed of asking in a forum and to deny any other opinion than the one of Your Dealer
Hi Oerst

I don't believe that Rigas video shows normal gear behaviour. Something is re-bouncing after the first pling.

br Typ.

R

Riga

Themenstarter
Hi Oerst

I don't believe that Rigas video shows normal gear behaviour. Something is re-bouncing after the first pling.

br Typ.
Exactly! Something is re-bouncing after the first pling. ​Danke, mate! Any ideas what causes it?

G

Gast14416

Gast
Fully agree.

For me this looks normal and some noise is caused because of not tipping the shifter but slightly pushing it and leaving the tension on it.

I would be concerned if there is exceptional noise when riding.

By the way. In case of blocking by gear box or engine. Would the Anti Hopping Clutch prevent the rear wheel from blocking?

oerst

oerst

Modell
R1200GSA TB
Exactly what I think. Do not tip the shifter too smoothly. A short, hard tip is required and the rebouncing will not occur

We had this topic nearly 2 years ago.

R

Riga

Themenstarter
I've just returned from a test ride, so I tried a short, hard tip. Sometimes it works just fine, most of the times there is indeed re-bouncing and at one occasion it what bouncing slowly and many times for at least 5 seconds!
Anyway on Monday the clutch will be inspected. I hope it is not morethan damaged discs. Because the warranty ended 2 months ago and I might have to pay for the repair my self. The whole clutch assembly goes around 600 euros?:(

R

Riga

Themenstarter
but i see a BIG different problem. You should NOT leaf your feet in the down position. Only TAP in the first gear. you will kill the gearbox.
Just checked again - normally I am tapping and it doesn't change how the 1st gear behaves!

G

Gast14416

Gast
Hello,
If there is really kick back on the shifter - what I may have missed on the video - that is something a couple of early K50 owners experienced on their bikes. One of them was Espaceo here in the forum with whom I discussed it a little as I could not imagine how this is possible. I sent him a message and asked him to take a look here.

I do not remember if it was possible to fix it. Maybe the needle pin for pushing the clutch, that was exchanged on some bikes, could help. The pin length or diameter was changed to have better clutch function.

At least BMW in Lituania or Munich should know about this problem and be able to give technical / financial support.

It would be nice to hear back about the outcome and maybe we can give one or the other help for you.

R

Riga

Themenstarter
Hello,
At least BMW in Lituania or Munich should know about this problem and be able to give technical / financial support
Here in Lettland BMW say they don't know the problem yet. They can not service me before July 6, but they accepted that I take the engine lid off at independent garage (because the warranty is officially over) and take photos of the clutch so they can order new clutch if it will be needed.

And because I don't want to kill the bike if the problem is actually BIG and no one can tell me the exact problem, I'm asking everyone around the world! :)

So thank you guys for your help!

G

Gast14416

Gast
Riga,
In my opinion there should be no problem riding the bike and nothing should be damaged. But this is without guarantee.

Just taking a pic of the clutch might not be the solution for finding the cause and ordering a new clutch.

In your case I would try to get support by BMW in Munich and insist not to be redirected to your local dealer without a statement or proposal from Munich.

How many Kilometers are on your bike?

R

Riga

Themenstarter
It has 20.000 km. I bought it a few weeks ago when it was fully serviced by BMW at 18.000 km. On test drive I noticed Schaltschlage but I didn't notice the re-bouncing then, and it is slightly progressing now.

Do you think it is possible to get a real support from Munich? My local dealer is pretty much friendly now, but if it is possible, I'd like to push this a bit so I don't have to pay for what I haven't damaged myself!

Thema:

Bitte helfen - Sterben Kupplung oder Getriebe?

Bitte helfen - Sterben Kupplung oder Getriebe? - Ähnliche Themen

• Biete Sonstiges BlueBike Anlagen (bitte alles lesen)

BlueBike Anlagen (bitte alles lesen): Hallo Allerseits, meine Frau und ich haben uns neue Helme und dazu passende Sprechanlagen gekauft. Unsere alten Helme (BMW System 6evo) sind reif...
  • ⚡️Neuanmeldung im Forum wieder möglich - bitte lesen!⚡️

⚡️Neuanmeldung im Forum wieder möglich - bitte lesen!⚡️: Edit: Die Mailprobleme wurden behoben. Anmeldungen werden wieder per Bestätigungsmail freigeschaltet. :happy: Falls es Anfangs etwas hakt -...
  • In die Dolomiten mit dem Motorrad in 2024....wir planen und bitten um Hilfestellung(en)

In die Dolomiten mit dem Motorrad in 2024....wir planen und bitten um Hilfestellung(en): Guten Morgen Forum, wir haben uns entschieden in 2024 einen Motorradurlaub in den Dolomiten zu machen. Unsere Eckdaten: Motorradunterkunft bzw...
  • Bitte eines Bekannten zur Weiterleitung, Beerdigung eines Kindes in Bad Ems

Bitte eines Bekannten zur Weiterleitung, Beerdigung eines Kindes in Bad Ems: Hallo zusammen, wer weiß, wozu es gut ist, ich wollte es nicht hier unveröffentlicht lassen
  • Notfall, bitte helfen!

Notfall, bitte helfen!: Bin gerade auf einer kleinen Tour und muss feststellen das mein hinteres Radlager schlapp macht. Geschwindigkeitsabhängiges mahlen am Hinterrad...
  • Notfall, bitte helfen! - Ähnliche Themen

• Biete Sonstiges BlueBike Anlagen (bitte alles lesen)

BlueBike Anlagen (bitte alles lesen): Hallo Allerseits, meine Frau und ich haben uns neue Helme und dazu passende Sprechanlagen gekauft. Unsere alten Helme (BMW System 6evo) sind reif...
  • ⚡️Neuanmeldung im Forum wieder möglich - bitte lesen!⚡️

⚡️Neuanmeldung im Forum wieder möglich - bitte lesen!⚡️: Edit: Die Mailprobleme wurden behoben. Anmeldungen werden wieder per Bestätigungsmail freigeschaltet. :happy: Falls es Anfangs etwas hakt -...
  • In die Dolomiten mit dem Motorrad in 2024....wir planen und bitten um Hilfestellung(en)

In die Dolomiten mit dem Motorrad in 2024....wir planen und bitten um Hilfestellung(en): Guten Morgen Forum, wir haben uns entschieden in 2024 einen Motorradurlaub in den Dolomiten zu machen. Unsere Eckdaten: Motorradunterkunft bzw...
  • Bitte eines Bekannten zur Weiterleitung, Beerdigung eines Kindes in Bad Ems

Bitte eines Bekannten zur Weiterleitung, Beerdigung eines Kindes in Bad Ems: Hallo zusammen, wer weiß, wozu es gut ist, ich wollte es nicht hier unveröffentlicht lassen
  • Notfall, bitte helfen!

Notfall, bitte helfen!: Bin gerade auf einer kleinen Tour und muss feststellen das mein hinteres Radlager schlapp macht. Geschwindigkeitsabhängiges mahlen am Hinterrad...
  • Oben