Road trip from Germany to Greece

Diskutiere Road trip from Germany to Greece im Reise Forum im Bereich Unterwegs; Greetings everyone I am proud to announce that in a few days I will have my paperwork ready to start driving my BMW F700GS . The story...
L

Leon9o

Themenstarter
Greetings everyone
I am proud to announce that in a few days I will have my paperwork ready to start driving my BMW F700GS .
The story goes like that i have been riding in the past around different cities in Greece max 4 hours distance but i never made a 2000kilometeres travel.
What i would like to ask from the more experienced riders out there is, how should i approach this trip how long can i ride the bike how often to stop not to stress the engine so much..when it comes to my physical status ofcourse i will be taking my rest from time to time eat drink etc but iam really quirous if i make an 7 -8 hour driving session in the day will it put too much stress in the bike ?
Also any pointers in general about a trip like that would be hugely appreciated.

Ride safe.

die_kleine_q

die_kleine_q

Modell
R1250GS
Hi @Leon9o ,
It sounds that you are still a beginner in motorcycling?
The Motorbike you mentioned (700GS) is well developped. There is no need in thinking about the reliability of or the physical stress to the motorbike at all.

First think about the time of the year you will travel. In summertime the temperatures will climb up to 35°C and more-also in Germany.
That may be relevant for the number of stopps during a day. The hotter it is the higher the number of stopps to be planned.

Then think about the available time, the riding distance and the roads, cities, countries you'll pass.
If your time is strictly limited it may be better to use some Motorways instead of small roads.

Do not plan riding every day. You need some Pauses for your body and mind.

With your experience ("sometims ridden 4 hours") it should not be a major problem to travel such a distance.
You and your bike will finish :)

Before starting the journey you should check some issues:
Tires are fit and tire air pressure is ok?
engine oil sufficient?
Chain adjustment ok?
brakes ok? waves and passt
Lights and turn signals are ok?
Clothing/luggage is fixed well on the bike?
Money cash and credit cards on board?
health insurance for foreign countries?
passport and/or ID-card valid ?
And a few other things I forgot to mention...

The most important thing is to start.
Each journey Status with the first step.

Best regards

Bernd

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
L

Leon9o

Themenstarter
why?
do you run out of german?
Nha im just working as a freelancer doing rotations of 5 weeks in germany and this time going out i was lucky enough to find the bike mentioned in great condition and very sweet deal so i didnt want to loose the oportunity to buy it..and basically im buying it to have it in my homecountry since my last bike was a hornet and i grew so tall since that time that I dont fit/feel comfortable in it and I was looking for some time to find a bike of my liking
Ad to be fair I could send it somehow but I count not skip the opportunity for a roadtrip.

die_kleine_q

die_kleine_q

Modell
R1250GS
Hi @Leon9o ,
It sounds that you are still a beginner in motorcycling?
The Motorbike you mentioned (700GS) is well developped. There is no need in thinking about the reliability of or the physical stress to the motorbike at all.

First think about the time of the year you will travel. In summertime the temperatures will climb up to 35°C and more-also in Germany.
That may be relevant for the number of stopps during a day. The hotter it is the higher the number of stopps to be planned.

Then think about the available time, the riding distance and the roads, cities, countries you'll pass.
If your time is strictly limited it may be better to use some Motorways instead of small roads.

Do not plan riding every day. You need some Pauses for your body and mind.

With your experience ("sometims ridden 4 hours") it should not be a major problem to travel such a distance.
You and your bike will finish :)

Before starting the journey you should check some issues:
Tires are fit and tire air pressure is ok?
engine oil sufficient?
Chain adjustment ok?
brakes ok? waves and passt
Lights and turn signals are ok?
Clothing/luggage is fixed well on the bike?
Money cash and credit cards on board?
health insurance for foreign countries?
passport and/or ID-card valid ?
And a few other things I forgot to mention...

The most important thing is to start.
Each journey Status with the first step.

Best regards

Bernd
Deutsch kann ich besser:

Hallo Leon,
Dein Post klingt als seist Du Anfänger?

Dein Motorrad wurde ordentlich entwickelt und Du musst Dir keinerlei Gedanken bezüglich der Zuverlässigkeit oder mechanischer Belastungen machen.

Zuerst solltest Du Dir Gedanken zurReisezeit machen.
Im Sommer steigen die Temperaturen bis auf 35°C und höher -auch in Deutschland.
Je wärmer, desto mehr Pausen solltest Du pro Tag einplanen.

Dann überlege, welche Zeit Dir zur Verfügung steht, welche Streckenlänge Du zurücklegen möchtest und wo Du entlang fahren möchtest (welche Ortschaften, Länder, Straßen).
Bei einem engen Zeitplan sind manche Hauptstraßen und Autobahnen sinnvoller als kleine Straßen.

Plane die Anzahl der Fahrtage geringer als die Anzahl der Tourtage. Du wirst Pausentage benötigen für Deinen Körper und Deinen Kopf.

Mit Deiner Erfahrung (schon mehrere 4-Stunden-Fahrten absolviert) sollte die Strecke kein Problem darstellen und Du und Dein Motorrad werden das Ziel erreichen.

Vor dem Losfahren solltest Du noch ein paar Dinge beachten bzw. kontrollieren:
-sind die Reifen ok und passt der Luftdruck?
-Motorölstand ok?
-Kettenzustand und -spannung bzw. Durchgang prüfen
-Bremsen ok? Scheiben und Beläge
-Beleuchtung und Blinker ok?
-Ist das Gepäck ordentlich und sicher befestigt?
-Geld: Bargeld und EC-/Kreditkarten dabei?
-Auslandsreisekrankenversicherung abgeschlossen?
-Ausweis bzw. Reisepass dabei und gültig?
-und noch einige Dinge, die ich jetzt gerade vergessen habe

Das Wichtigste ist das Losfahren.
Jede Reise beginnt mit dem ersten Schritt.

Viele Grüße
Bernd

GSler1973

GSler1973

Modell
BMW GS Rallye
I drove to Greece on my first motorcycle, a Kawa EN 500, from Paris (where I bought it) at the age of 19. Didn't worry about anything, had no clues about motorbikes and had the time of my life. So enjoy the trip!

Thema:

Road trip from Germany to Greece

Road trip from Germany to Greece - Ähnliche Themen

• Fahrmodus verstellen (Rain, Road, Dynamic...)

Fahrmodus verstellen (Rain, Road, Dynamic...): Muss da mal ne blöde Frage stellen. Man kann ja rechts mit der Taste den Fahrmodus verstellen. Müsste das nicht auch während der Fahrt...
  • Suche Michelin Road 5 oder 6

Michelin Road 5 oder 6: Hallo zusammen Ich suche einen Michelin Road 5 oder Road 6 in der Größe 120/70 R17 zum Runterfahren. Danach soll auf einen anderen Hersteller...
  • Büse Open Road 2 Jacke

Büse Open Road 2 Jacke: Moin zusammen , wer hat Erfahrung mit o.g. Jacke und kann was zu schreiben , ich suche noch eine Übergangsjacke und die Open Road gefällt mir...
  • Michelin Anakee Road erste Erfahrungen

Michelin Anakee Road erste Erfahrungen: Hallo Gemeinde, hat sich jemand schon den neuen Anakee Road aufziehen lassen und kann was dazu erzählen. Grip Laufgeräuche ?
  • (kurzer) Road-Trip in Wisconsin

(kurzer) Road-Trip in Wisconsin: Im Juli letzten Jahres (…..ja, LETZTES Jahr, mit Job und Familie ist es nicht immer einfach SOFORT ein Update zu einer kurzen Reise zu verfassen...
  • (kurzer) Road-Trip in Wisconsin - Ähnliche Themen

• Fahrmodus verstellen (Rain, Road, Dynamic...)

Fahrmodus verstellen (Rain, Road, Dynamic...): Muss da mal ne blöde Frage stellen. Man kann ja rechts mit der Taste den Fahrmodus verstellen. Müsste das nicht auch während der Fahrt...
  • Suche Michelin Road 5 oder 6

Michelin Road 5 oder 6: Hallo zusammen Ich suche einen Michelin Road 5 oder Road 6 in der Größe 120/70 R17 zum Runterfahren. Danach soll auf einen anderen Hersteller...
  • Büse Open Road 2 Jacke

Büse Open Road 2 Jacke: Moin zusammen , wer hat Erfahrung mit o.g. Jacke und kann was zu schreiben , ich suche noch eine Übergangsjacke und die Open Road gefällt mir...
  • Michelin Anakee Road erste Erfahrungen

Michelin Anakee Road erste Erfahrungen: Hallo Gemeinde, hat sich jemand schon den neuen Anakee Road aufziehen lassen und kann was dazu erzählen. Grip Laufgeräuche ?
  • (kurzer) Road-Trip in Wisconsin

(kurzer) Road-Trip in Wisconsin: Im Juli letzten Jahres (…..ja, LETZTES Jahr, mit Job und Familie ist es nicht immer einfach SOFORT ein Update zu einer kurzen Reise zu verfassen...
  • Oben