problem with the GS r 1250 brakes

Diskutiere problem with the GS r 1250 brakes im R 1250 GS und R 1250 GS Adventure Forum im Bereich Motorrad Modelle; Hello to all forum members. I'm Stefano and I write from Italy. I have a recent problem with my bike's front brake. I currently have 14,000 km and...
S

StefanoVisentini

Themenstarter
Hello to all forum members. I'm Stefano and I write from Italy.
I have a recent problem with my bike's front brake. I currently have 14,000 km and for about 2,000 the braking has been irregular at low speed (<30Km/h) and up to the stop. It's as if braking comes and goes, as if I pull and release the brake. But I'm not! This only happens in gentle braking, if I brake harder the problem does not exist.
The bike does not have oval discs, and wear is minimal. I usually travel on stretches of motorway and only rarely on challenging passes and descents.
The bike was tested by an official BMW technician who detected the "problem" but found no reason to intervene under warranty saying that all GS bikes have that problem after a few km. It seems to me an unreasonable explanation. I would like your opinion please.
Thank you

F

Franz Gans

The bike was tested by an official BMW technician who detected the "problem" but found no reason to intervene under warranty saying that all GS bikes have that problem after a few km. It seems to me an unreasonable explanation. I would like your opinion please.
My experience on a different BMW Motorrad motorcycle (K25) with the very same problem repeatedly: Distorted brake rotors have always been the root cause for these symptoms on my motorcycle.

After replacement under warranty it reoccurred a second (warranty again) and a third time (dealer refused to replace under warranty now) until I finally changed the rotors on my own expenses with a different "brand" (in my case not really brand related) instead of BMW Motorrad Brembo discs I took Brembo's Serie Oro as the official Brembo after market replacement for this motorcycle. These rotors are 0.5 mm thicker than the Brembo discs used by BMW Motorrad. Problem solved! No further distortion or problems with these discs..

No idea whether you can do the same or similar as I don't know if a matching Brembo Serie Oro replacement exists for your K50 model but at least you have one more idea / input regarding the dissatisfying behaviour.

R

R1200GSRider

Modell
R1200GS LC 2016, Vespa GTS 300 HPE
Hello to all forum members. I'm Stefano and I write from Italy.
I have a recent problem with my bike's front brake. I currently have 14,000 km and for about 2,000 the braking has been irregular at low speed (<30Km/h) and up to the stop. It's as if braking comes and goes, as if I pull and release the brake. But I'm not! This only happens in gentle braking, if I brake harder the problem does not exist.
The bike does not have oval discs, and wear is minimal. I usually travel on stretches of motorway and only rarely on challenging passes and descents.
Thank you
Hi Stefano, maybe the same issue as here… (Bremsprobleme GS 1250).
I hope google translator helps…

S

StefanoVisentini

Themenstarter
My experience on a different BMW Motorrad motorcycle (K25) with the very same problem repeatedly: Distorted brake rotors have always been the root cause for these symptoms on my motorcycle.

After replacement under warranty it reoccurred a second (warranty again) and a third time (dealer refused to replace under warranty now) until I finally changed the rotors on my own expenses with a different "brand" (in my case not really brand related) instead of BMW Motorrad Brembo discs I took Brembo's Serie Oro as the official Brembo after market replacement for this motorcycle. These rotors are 0.5 mm thicker than the Brembo discs used by BMW Motorrad. Problem solved! No further distortion or problems with these discs..

No idea whether you can do the same or similar as I don't know if a matching Brembo Serie Oro replacement exists for your K50 model but at least you have one more idea / input regarding the dissatisfying behaviour.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I think I will go to a non-BMW technician to evaluate and replace the floating discs and bushings with aftermarket Brembos.
I think it may be a more durable solution than BMW.
A thousand thanks

S

StefanoVisentini

Themenstarter
Hallo zusammen! Ich hoffe die Commiunity hier kann mir helfen!

Mein Motorrad der Marke BMW GS 1250r gibt mir seit einiger Zeit Probleme mit der Bremse am Vorderrad. Zur Zeit hat mein Motoread 14000 km gefahren und seit ung. 2000 km gibt mir die Vorderradbremse bei niedriger Geschwindigkeit (<30Km/h) ruckartige Bremsbewegungen, als wuerde die Bremse loslassen und wieder greifen. Obwohl der Bremshebel nicht losgelassen wird. Dies geschieht aber nur wenn sanft gebremst wird. Die Abnutzung der Bremsbacken ist zur Zeit nur sehr gering und die Bremsscheiben sind in sehr gutem Zustand. Auch fahre Ich keine Bergstrassen, sondern nur Autobahn.

Die BMW Werkstatt hier in Italien sagt, dies ist eine normale Abnutzungserscheinung und sieht keinen Grund zu intervenieren. Auch wenn noch Garantie vorhanden ist. Mir kommt das sehr komisch vor. Was sagt hier dazu? Gibt es jemanden, der Auch dieses Problem hat.

Danke und schoene Gruesse aus Italien

Stefano

manfred180161

manfred180161

Modell
R1250GS Adv.Trophy 2023
Ciao Stefano und willkommen im Forum!

Du hast insgesamt 4 Beiträge geschrieben, alle zum gleichen Thema und es gibt auch Antworten dazu.

Warumjetzt schon wieder ein neuer Thread mit genau dem gleichen Problem?

S

StefanoVisentini

Themenstarter
hello manfred.
I'm sorry, I know!
a friend advised me to translate it and write it in German to collect a greater number of participations even from native speakers. this is my truth. I am sorry. it seems to me only 2 posts one in english and one in german

MichaelBC

MichaelBC

Modell
1250 GS ADV Triple Black
As mentioned in the second post already this sounds very much like one or two warped discs. So your pistons get pushed back on every turn. This effect is less when you brake harder.

Check your discs with a gauge like this and come back here with the results.

GS-Swiss

GS-Swiss

Modell
BMW R1300GS Trophy; BMW R nineT Scrambler; MV Turismo Veloce; Moto Guzzi V7
Funny, I've had that with mine for a while. Just when I drive slower, for example, towards a red light and brake only very lightly, it brakes stronger, then less, again stronger, although I do not change the pressure. This is only when I pull the brake little strong. As soon as I brake harder, everything is normal. So just like with you.

Think you do not have to worry, so far everything OK. As I said, when braking harder, everything is OK. And if you brake only very lightly, it is a strange feeling, but in my eyes not tragic.

Assume if you brake hard, everything is also OK.

F

Franz Gans

brake only very lightly, it brakes stronger, then less, again stronger, although I do not change the pressure. This is only when I pull the brake little strong. As soon as I brake harder, everything is normal. So just like with you.
In my former case I had the same issue like mentioned already. Since I changed the discs years ago (about 40 Mm back from now) I have no more issues like before no matter how much pressure I do apply to the front brake lever.

So in other words an even behaviour under all normal circumstances (i. e. no race track use) is achieveable according to my experience (see #2)..

Thema:

problem with the GS r 1250 brakes

problem with the GS r 1250 brakes - Ähnliche Themen

• ABS FTE Problem Trox

ABS FTE Problem Trox: Hallo Freunde der Sonne, ich habe eine R1200 BJ 2006. Bei mir ist der hintere Pumpenmotor vom ABS-Block fest. Ist diese wunderschöne s*** Teil...
  • Problem mit Display

Problem mit Display: Hallo habe ein Problem mit TFT Display, wenn ich den BMW Navigatior 5 anbaue kann ich ihn nicht mit dem Drehrad steuern . Danke Gruß Sebastian
  • Rasseln bei warmen Motor (Steuerkettenspanner???)

Rasseln bei warmen Motor (Steuerkettenspanner???): Hallo Folgendes Problem. Wenn mein Motor warm ist das rasselt es. Es ist ein ähnliches oder das selbe Rasseln wie ich es habe wenn ich den...
  • Problem Kartendarstellung "Nordweisend" beim CRN.

Problem Kartendarstellung "Nordweisend" beim CRN.: Hallo in die Runde. Vielleicht hat jemand einen Rat für mich. Ich hab mir im Februar den Connected Ride Navigator gekauft Ich bin mit dem Gerät...
  • Problem mit BMW ID

Problem mit BMW ID: Hallo in die Runde. Hab mir ein CRN gekauft für meine 2014 GS LC. Hatte mal eine BMW ID angemeldet und wollte die nun Öffnen. Nun kommt die...
  • Problem mit BMW ID - Ähnliche Themen

• ABS FTE Problem Trox

ABS FTE Problem Trox: Hallo Freunde der Sonne, ich habe eine R1200 BJ 2006. Bei mir ist der hintere Pumpenmotor vom ABS-Block fest. Ist diese wunderschöne s*** Teil...
  • Problem mit Display

Problem mit Display: Hallo habe ein Problem mit TFT Display, wenn ich den BMW Navigatior 5 anbaue kann ich ihn nicht mit dem Drehrad steuern . Danke Gruß Sebastian
  • Rasseln bei warmen Motor (Steuerkettenspanner???)

Rasseln bei warmen Motor (Steuerkettenspanner???): Hallo Folgendes Problem. Wenn mein Motor warm ist das rasselt es. Es ist ein ähnliches oder das selbe Rasseln wie ich es habe wenn ich den...
  • Problem Kartendarstellung "Nordweisend" beim CRN.

Problem Kartendarstellung "Nordweisend" beim CRN.: Hallo in die Runde. Vielleicht hat jemand einen Rat für mich. Ich hab mir im Februar den Connected Ride Navigator gekauft Ich bin mit dem Gerät...
  • Problem mit BMW ID

Problem mit BMW ID: Hallo in die Runde. Hab mir ein CRN gekauft für meine 2014 GS LC. Hatte mal eine BMW ID angemeldet und wollte die nun Öffnen. Nun kommt die...
  • Oben